Thursdays with Amanda: Book Marketing Challenge, week 3
August 14, 2014 | Written by Amanda Luedeke
Amanda Luedeke is a literary agent with MacGregor Literary. Every Thursday, she posts about growing your author platform. You can follow her on Twitter @amandaluedeke or join her Facebook group to stay current with her wheelings and dealings as an agent. Her author marketing book, The Extroverted Writer, is available from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Last week, I invited all of you to participate in ANOTHER Book Marketing challenge! We did one the week before, and it was so much easier than I think any of us anticipated that I figured we should give it another go.
Truth be told, I’m just trying to get all of you into the habit of doing this
Okay, so the rules are that you challenge yourself to complete 5 marketing tasks for your book or author brand (or what-have-you). You then have one week to complete those tasks.
Here’s how I did this week:
5 MORE Marketing tasks for The Extroverted Writer
1. Comment on five blogs (oh yeah…you heard me! I’m upping my game). This was harder than I anticipated, so I ended up commenting on a few blogs and then taking to Twitter. Twitter is much easier to search and find conversations that you can infiltrate. I did this and had great results. My Twitter feed seemed to really be buzzing there for a bit.
2. Look into a Goodreads giveaway (and set one up if possible). Haha I did exactly this…I looked into it. I’m probably going to schedule one in the next week or so.
3. BUY MY WEB DOMAIN!! Time to stop relying on the agency site as my main hub…gonna get my own space. Ugh, I am at times a major deliberator. And I’ve been deliberating about my website for AGES. Who should host? Where should I buy my domain? What template should I use? I’m drowning in my own self-doubt and over-analyzation. Not good, people.
4. Find 2 writer blogs and see about guest posts. Yep, have this lined up. I have two confirmed and two that I sent out feelers for.
5. Post something on my Agent FB page EVERY DAY. I did this, and YOU GUYS, IT WAS AMAZING. Take a look:
I also adjusted the price of the ebook version of The Extroverted Writer…I figured it was time to permanently drop it to $2.99!!
Which I think is a deal
What about you? Did you get your five things done? Do you think you can make this a habit?